As the only show covering all segments of the sleep products industry, from raw materials and technologies to finished products, SLEEPWELL EXPO Istanbul stimulated the trade in the sector.
From raw materials to the finished mattresses, including the supply industry, components, machinery and technology SLEEPWELL EXPO Istanbul is the event showing all segments of the sleep products industry.
Held in Istanbul Expo Center, 20-23 October 2016, the last edition of Sleepwell Expo – Mattress and Technologies Fair, which is the first and only fair in Turkey in its field, became a venue where 76 exhibitors welcomed some 4,200 professional visitors.
Turkey’s mattress industry has been going through major changes leaving many less-developed stages behind. Almost all kinds of modern mattresses are either manufactured or represented in Turkey.
Sleepwell Expo represents a wide range of portfolio including the latest products of mattress manufacturers, pillow manufacturers, comforter and other sleep product manufacturers, exporters and dealers. They were mainly mattress exporters and importers, bedding manufacturers, home textile manufacturers, coverlet manufacturers, equipment firms, distributors, agents, chain store purchasing authorities, local furniture stores, professional import and export firms, designers, hotel purchasing managers, interior design firms, experts of the private sector, mattress industry buyers and trade press portals… In short, all members of the industry come together at the Sleepwell Expo-Mattress and Technologies Fair.
Running towards its major targets of 2023 set by the government, Turkey continues to pursue its development worldwide with its rapidly increasing population, advantageous geography, and contribution of exports by its advantageous geography. One of the most important sectors in Turkey, without any doubt, is the mattress industry, mattress machinery and components industry. Developments, innovations and example solidarity of the sector which has been performed in the mattress sector in recent years, have become the factors which affect the sleep products sector positively. With the same token, many positive economic indications which have been performed on behalf of the country and the sector in recent years, many regulations and directives made for the business volume and the mattress sector which has grown depending on the flow of foreign investments, indicate the importance of the SLEEPWELL Fair. The mattress main sector, sub-industry, machinery and equipment fair, which has been awaited for a long time by all sleep products industry professionals, was successfully held for the 3rd time in Istanbul Fair Center, which is located opposite of the Ataturk International Airport.
THE SLEEP ZONE
A special trend and testing area was dedicated in the main foyer of the fairground namely THE SLEEP ZONE where latest mattresses of 16 manufacturers were displayed for the testing of professionals and consumers and to showcase the latest trends in the industry. This part attracted a great deal of interest by the visitors as well as by the exhibitors.
The mattress industry in Turkey has reached the sales figures of over 4 million in the local market in 2014. 95 percent of the market has been consisted of spring mattresses and remaining 5 percent of foam mattresses. The size of the market is very close to TL 1 billion and the growth rate is 7%. 10 thousand mattresses of Turkey’s total 20 thousand daily are produced in Kayseri which is followed by Istanbul and Izmir. There are more than 400 manufacturers in Kayseri. The production capacity of these firms approaches to 2.7 million. Kayseri holds the half of the total production with 2.5 million mattresses. The share of the sector in the foreign market is over 100 million dollars. Kayseri performs more than half of the total export value. The mattresses, which are produced in Kayseri, are exported mainly to France, Germany and The Netherlands and other European countries and the different countries of the Middle East.
Representatives of the industry express that the trends that are seeking healthier, more comfortable sleep environments, play an important role in growth. According to the industry representatives the 3 million of the 4 million mattresses sold, have been sold to the individual consumers, 1 million to the institutions such as hotels, dorms and hospitals. There are around one thousand hotels which are under construction with 800 thousand-bed capacity in the country and the private sector hospital investments are accepted as an indicator that the growth in the industry will be continuous.
According to the info released by the Ministry of Health, 90 thousand of the bed capacity of the total 130 thousand at the hospitals will be changed and improved to advanced technology in a four-year period. All of these made SLEEPWELL EXPO more important and it seems that the future editions of the show will gain more ground.